How Long is a Flight from Denver to San Francisco?
When traveling between Denver, Colorado, and San Francisco, California, the flight duration may vary depending on several factors such as weather conditions, air traffic, and the specific flight route. On average, a direct flight from Denver International Airport (DEN) to San Francisco International Airport (SFO) takes approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Distance between Denver and San Francisco
The distance between Denver and San Francisco is approximately 965 miles (1554 kilometers) when taking the shortest air route. This distance may vary slightly based on the aircraft’s flight path.
Airlines and Flight Options
Several airlines operate flights between Denver and San Francisco, providing travelers with a range of options. Some of the major carriers offering direct flights on this route include Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and Frontier Airlines.
Time Zone Difference
Denver is located in the Mountain Standard Time (MST) zone, while San Francisco is in the Pacific Standard Time (PST) zone. San Francisco is one hour behind Denver, so keep this in mind when planning your itinerary.
Tips for a Comfortable Flight
- Make sure to check-in online before arriving at the airport to save time.
- Pack comfortable clothing and layers to adapt to potential temperature changes on the plane.
- Stay hydrated during the flight by drinking plenty of water.
- Bring some entertainment such as books, magazines, or a personal electronic device.
- Consider bringing noise-canceling headphones for a more peaceful journey.
- Stretch your legs and walk around the cabin during longer flights to avoid stiffness.