How to Clean a Braun Coffee Maker
Your Braun coffee maker serves you a delightful cup of morning coffee every day, but proper cleaning is essential to maintain its performance and extend its lifespan. Regular cleaning helps remove mineral deposits, coffee oils, and other build-ups that may affect your brew’s flavor and the machine’s functionality. Follow these steps to ensure a thorough cleaning of your Braun coffee maker:
Prepare the Coffee Maker
- Unplug the machine from the power source.
- Allow the coffee maker to cool down before starting the cleaning process.
- Remove the carafe and any leftover coffee filters.
Clean the Exterior
- Dampen a soft cloth with warm, soapy water.
- Gently wipe down the exterior of the Braun coffee maker to remove any dirt, stains, or coffee residue. Be careful not to wet any electrical components.
- Rinse the cloth and wipe the machine again to remove any soap residue.
Clean the Water Reservoir
- Remove the water reservoir from the coffee maker.
- Empty any remaining water and rinse it thoroughly with warm, soapy water.
- Rinse the reservoir again with clean water to remove any soap residue.
- Dry the reservoir completely before putting it back into the coffee maker
Clean the Carafe
- Wash the carafe with warm, soapy water.
- Remove any stubborn stains using a mixture of water and baking soda.
- Rinse the carafe thoroughly with clean water.
- Dry the carafe with a soft towel before placing it back in the machine.
Descale the Coffee Maker
- Refer to your Braun coffee maker’s instruction manual to determine the appropriate descaling solution and procedure.
- Prepare the descaling solution as instructed and pour it into the water reservoir.
- Power on the coffee maker and allow the descaling solution to run through the machine.
- Once the descaling process is complete, empty the carafe and rinse it thoroughly to remove any traces of the solution.
- Flush the coffee maker by running a cycle of clean water through it to eliminate any remaining descaling solution.
Reassemble and Test
- After cleaning and drying all components, reassemble the coffee maker.
- Plug the machine back into the power source.
- Fill the water reservoir with clean water and place the carafe back in position.
- Run a brewing cycle with only clean water to ensure all cleaning products are rinsed away.
- Dispose of the rinse water and your Braun coffee maker is now clean and ready to brew a fresh cup of coffee!