How to Clean HexClad Pans
Cooking with HexClad pans is a delightful experience, thanks to their incredible non-stick surface and excellent heat distribution. To ensure that your HexClad pans last a long time and maintain their impeccable cooking performance, proper cleaning and care are essential. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean your HexClad pans effectively:
- Cool the Pan: Allow the HexClad pan to cool down completely before starting the cleaning process. Placing a hot pan under water can deform or damage the non-stick coating.
- Hand Wash: HexClad pans are not dishwasher-safe, so hand washing is recommended. Fill the sink with warm soapy water.
- Use a Soft Sponge: Gently scrub the pan’s surface with a soft sponge or dishcloth. Avoid abrasive scrub brushes or harsh cleaning pads that can scratch or damage the non-stick coating.
- Mild Dish Soap: Use a mild dish soap that is specifically formulated for non-stick surfaces. This will effectively remove any grease or food residue without harming the pan.
- Stuck-on Food: For stubborn food particles, fill the pan with warm water and a few drops of dish soap, then let it soak for a while. This will loosen the residue, making it easier to clean.
- Avoid Metal Utensils: When cleaning, never use metal utensils, as they can damage the non-stick surface. Opt for wooden or silicone tools instead.
- Rinse: Thoroughly rinse the pan under warm running water to remove all traces of soap. Ensure there’s no soap residue left on the surface.
- Dry Completely: After washing, dry the pan with a soft towel or allow it to air dry completely. Avoid stacking pans on top of each other before they are fully dry.
- Storage: To prevent scratches, store your HexClad pans in a way that they don’t rub against other cookware or utensils. You can use felt or cloth pan protectors to separate and cushion them.
By following these simple yet effective cleaning steps, you can ensure the longevity and performance of your beloved HexClad pans. Remember that proper care is crucial to preserve their non-stick surface and cooking capabilities.
Additionally, always refer to the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions that accompany your HexClad pans. Each specific model may have slight variations in cleaning recommendations.
Enjoy cooking in your beautifully maintained HexClad pans for years to come!