How to Get Steam on Xbox One Without PC
Steam is a popular digital distribution platform for gaming, offering an extensive library of games, community features, and much more. While Steam is primarily available for PC users, Xbox One owners might wonder if there’s a way to access Steam on their console without the need for a PC. Although there is no official Steam app for Xbox One, there is an alternative solution that allows you to enjoy Steam’s features on your console.
Before diving into the steps, there are a few things you’ll need to get started:
- An Xbox One gaming console
- A stable internet connection
- A micro-USB cable or wireless Xbox controller dongle
- A Windows 10 PC/laptop (required only for initial setup)
- A Steam account (you can create one for free on the Steam website)
Follow these steps to get Steam up and running on your Xbox One without a PC:
- Make sure your Xbox One and Windows 10 PC are connected to the same network.
- On your Xbox One, go to the Microsoft Store and download the “Remote Play” app.
- Launch the “Remote Play” app on your Xbox One and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- On your PC, visit the official Xbox Remote Play website.
- Click on the “Test streaming” button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Once everything is set up, connect your Xbox One controller to your PC either via USB or by using the wireless dongle.
- Launch Steam on your PC and log in to your account.
- In Steam’s settings, navigate to the “Remote Play” section, and click on “Add Device” to link your Xbox One as a remote device.
- Back on your Xbox One, return to the “Remote Play” app and select your PC from the list of available devices.
- Your Xbox One will now start streaming your PC’s display via the app, allowing you to access Steam on your console!
Enjoy Steam on Xbox One
With the above steps completed, you’re now all set to enjoy your favorite Steam games and features on your Xbox One without the need for a PC. Keep in mind that this workaround relies on streaming from your PC, so a strong and stable network connection is essential for the best experience. Happy gaming!