How to Make Vodka Sauce Without Vodka
While vodka sauce is a delicious and popular choice for pasta dishes, you may not always have vodka on hand or prefer not to use it in your cooking. Fortunately, it’s still possible to achieve that exquisite flavor without vodka. Here’s a recipe for making a vodka sauce without vodka:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and chopped onion to the saucepan. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, dried basil, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender (or use an immersion blender directly in the saucepan) and blend until smooth. Be cautious when blending hot liquids to prevent accidents.
- Pour the sauce back into the saucepan and return it to low heat.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Simmer the sauce for an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Remove from heat and your vodka sauce without vodka is ready to be enjoyed!
This vodka sauce alternative still brings in rich and creamy flavors without the use of vodka. It pairs wonderfully with pasta of your choice, such as penne or rigatoni, and is perfect for a cozy night in or when you’re looking to impress your guests with a scrumptious meal.
While vodka sauce without vodka may not be the traditional recipe, it offers a great alternative and accommodates those who prefer to skip the alcohol. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a delightful pasta dish!